Overview: Table tennis is a great sport, but the only drawback is that you often need more than one person to practice . However in the recent years, manufacturers have designed robots that allow players to practice against themselves through the use of a robot. Often these robots have the ability to perform different shots and varying degrees of spin, power, and location. The Robo pong 1040 is one of these robots and is a top of the line Ping pong robot that any recreational player would enjoy using.
- Newgy Robo-Pong 1040 Ping-Pong Ball Machine features analog controls for ball speed, frequency and oscillation; Holds approximately 200 balls
- Available spins: topspin, backspin, left sidespin, right sidespin, combination spin
- Available shot selection: push, chop, serve, counter, lob, fast loop.
- Fits all standard ping-pong tables and conversion top game tables, and is easy to set-up, use, take down, store and transport. No assembly or tools required.
- Play ping-pong with Robo-Pong – by yourself or with family and friends – to improve your game, get a great workout or just for fun!
The Newgy Robo pong 1040 is the next robot in the series of training robots Newgy has developed. Before the 1040, there was the 540, and after the 1040 there is the 1050 and the 2050. All of these robots work great to practice Table tennis , but each individual robot has its perks and characteristics that make it a desirable training robot that has been successful on the market.
However the Newgy 1040 has had its share of problems that make us ultimately suggest a different Table tennis robot. This robot often skips when shooting the ball out, and sometimes you have to go over to the robot to fix this problem. Well the whole idea of a Table tennis training robot is to train, how are you going to train if you constantly have to fix the robot? The robot itself isn’t even very good at consistently providing a decent powered shot and the spins are powerful enough to replicate playing against a real opponent.
Conclusion: Overall we recommend checking a different Table tennis robot. While this one may be cheaper than some of the other models, this model has too many gimmicks that make it not worth the money. I suggest checking out the Newgy robo pong 2050 or the Newgy robo pong 2040 for a higher level training experience.